Jin Wang studied conduct at the Beijing Central Conservatory of Music and at the Vienna Music University, with Professors like Karl Österreicher, Leopold Hager, Zubin Mehta and Leonard Bernstein. He worked as assistant of Peter Eötvös and Vaclav Neumann.
Jin Wang conductor
The China-born Austrian conductor Jin Wang belongs to the most distinguished artists of the present. Where he appears regularly, he often induces sold-out concerts, enthousiasm with audience, standing ovations and highest recognition by newspapers.
(”Wang´s Wagner-miracle”, „Moment of glory“ etc.)
He studied conduct at the Beijing Central Conservatory of Music and at the Vienna Music University, with Professors like Karl Österreicher, Leopold Hager, Zubin Mehta and Leonard Bernstein. He worked as assistant of Peter Eötvös and Vaclav Neumann.
Jin Wang was winner of 8 leading international competitions in Europe, among them ”Prague Spring” in Czech Republic (Rafael Kubelik), ”Malko” in Copenhagen and ”Toscanini” in Parma, Italy etc.
Concert: He worked with over 100 orchestras, among them are the Oslo Philharmonic (STRAUSS ”A Hero´s Life”, STRAVINSKY ”Petrouchka”, …), the Swedish National Orchestra Gothenborg (”Vienna 1900” Festival, MAHLER Symphonies, SCHÖNBERG ”Erwartung”…), the Swedish National Radio Symphonic (Chief Conductor: Esa-Pekka Salonen), the Helsinki Philharmonic, the Radio Symphonic Berlin (RIAS), the Prague Radio Symphonic (Asia tour…), the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, the Toscanini Orchestra in Italy etc.
In Asia he was guest of many top-orchestras, such as the ”Yomiuri” Symphonic Orchestra in Tokyo, the Seoul Philharmonic, the Singapore Symphonic, the Taiwan National Symphonic, the China Philharmonic in Beijing etc. He conducted the Europe-tour of the National Taiwan Symphony Orchestra and he organized several orchestra tours to China.
Thus he masters a huge Symphonic Repertoire, always fascinating the audience by his charism and his multiple stylistic knowledge, combined with finest technical ability to transfer the inner meaning of music.
Opera: Jin Wang was guest at many major houses in Europe and China.
He was a regular guest at the Finnish National Opera with MOZART operas (”Così fan tutte”, ”Figaro”…), the Malmö Opera and at the Komische Oper Berlin.
As 1.Conductor at the Komische Oper Berlin for 3 seasons he conducted a wide range of repertoire and also Premieres. He worked with world-famous stage directors as Willy Dekker and Peter Konwitschny.
He is the 1st China-born conductor who became General Music Director (GMD) in Germany: At the Würzburg Opera he guided the orchestra to maximum artistic performance and evoked enthousiasm with audience and newspapers. His Symphony concerts were sold-out and resulted always in STANDING OVATIONS.
Novel cooperation projects, such as
• Gustav MAHLER II Symphony “Resurrection”. In cooperation with the Music Academy of Würzburg
• Anton BRUCKNER IXth Symphony at the Dome Church. In cooperation with the Music Academy and the Dome Music of Würzburg.
• WAGNER “The Ring at 1 Night” and WAGNER Gala Concert – with Star singers from Bayreuth both in cooperation with the WAGNER Society of Würzburg and a concert-tour to the Berlin Philharmonic Hall attracted over-local attention and created unforgettable moments for the audience.
Jin Wang is also the 1st Asian-born conductor who was awarded Professor for Conduct and Orchestra Education in Europe (Royal Academy of Music in Stockholm). He worked as a Guest Professor at the Music Universities in Gothenburg and Stockholm etc. and is invited as a Jury member to renowned competitions, such as “Gregorz Fitelberg” in Poland and “Jorma Panula” in Finland. His most successful students were Tomas Netopil, Josep Caballe and Eivind Gulberg-Jensen.
• Chief Conductor in Finland, Vaasa Philharmonic Orchestra
• Chief Conductor of the Eurasian Sinfonietta
• 1.Guest Conductor of the Romanian National Radio Orchestra (permanent guest since 1993)
• Long-term Guest Conductor of the ”Enescu” Philharmonic Orchestra
• Co-founder of the Xiamen Opera-Centre (South-China)
Jin Wang also convinces through his compositions, Opera and Symphonic, for example
• ”Nokia Variations – a travel through music styles”.
• „Romanian Dances“ (for Crossover-concert „Symphony Pop“)…
• „Nachtwächter Geschichten – Die 3 Lausbuben“ (Children´s opera)
His Suite No.IV „Tibet Impressions – Song from the Roof of the World“ was performed at the Berlin Philharmonic Hall.
– All performances sparkled excitement and STANDING OVATIONS.
Han har bl a studerat vid Wiens Musikaliska Akademi och för lärare som Karl Österreicher, Leopold Hager, Leonard Bernstein och Zubin Mehta. Han har vunnit flertalet internationella tävlingar bl a Malko i Danmark och Toscanini i Italien. Han dirigerar över hela världen och har under de senaste 15 åren gjort mer än 500 konserter och föreställningar med de stora orkestrarna och operahusen i Europa och Asien.
Han har varit förstedirigent vid Komische Oper i Berlin. Han är för närvarande generalmusikdirektor vid Mainfranken Theater Würzburg. Jin Wang har tidigare dirigerat Malmö Operaorkester vid Festivalkonsterten under Malmöfestivalen 2001.